Management of logistics, inventory, and warehouse for Corporate Event Production Company
This hands-on management position is based at DCE’s 10,400 sq. ft. fully air-conditioned warehouse, studio, and front office facility in Tampa. This key position is responsible for overall facility operations; to include customer service, asset management, trucking, management of expenses and budgeting, and oversight of team members. The exempt position reports to the COO and plays a key role in supporting a team of professional corporate event project managers.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversee all aspects of facility operations, including managing physical assets, operating costs, safety, loss prevention, inventory integrity, and oversight of team members.
- Responsible for the service to our customers and stakeholders with on-time delivery, the accuracy of shipments and good customer relations.
- Ensure that day-to-day facility operation is compliant with company policies, and procedures.
- Provide training, guidance, and counseling as needed to team member.
- Responsible for the time management of hourly facility operations team members.
- Work collaboratively with the DCE Office Manager on facility maintenance and improvements.
- Provide excellent leadership throughout the facility and work to ensure productivity and morale are maintained at a high level with an emphasis on being a unified team.
- Work with the leadership team to establish annual goals and an action plan.
- Work closely with the leadership team to support team members and others as needed to ensure effective recruiting, hiring, and training practices.
- Responsible for evaluations of all facility operations team members.
- Maintains current product knowledge of existing inventory.
- Work with leadership to prepare annual operating, labor, and capital expenditure budgets.
- Responsible for approval and sign-off of all facility operations expenses.
- Ensure a safe working environment and aggressively manage all risk and risk-related costs.
- Manage small fleet of box trucks, as-needed truck rentals, and 3rd party shipping arrangements.
- Other duties needed to meet facility operations and corporate objectives as assigned by the leadership team.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent communication, leadership, and people skills.
- Above-average computer skills.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Four years or more of successful management or assistant management in a warehouse or distribution center with a strong background in logistics and distribution.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi-task/multi-project operations.
- Experience leading safety programs; working knowledge of safe work practices.
- Use of standard office equipment including computer keyboard, monitor and mouse, and telephone.
- Capable of lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Must be comfortable driving large vans, 16′ and 26′ box trucks.
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, and stretch.
- Must be able to work at heights (up to 20 feet).
- Must be able to balance by having the ability to assign and delegate duties while actively engaging in the work of servicing the customer as required.
- Need to motivate staff members and have strong problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in computer applications including ERP, MRP, and Microsoft Office suite including Excel and Word.
- Must be able to travel outside of the immediate area as needed.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Free lunches, snacks, and beverages every day when working from our corporate office.
- Health insurance premium 90% paid by company for employees.
- Fully paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Optional dental and vision insurance.
- Two weeks of paid vacation each year.
- Nine paid holidays each year.
- One week PTO each year for personal appointments.
- 100% air-conditioned shop and warehouse.