End-to-end Project Logistics and Budget Management for Event Productions
Event Project Managers lead and direct all aspects of operational policies, objectives, and initiatives. This position is responsible for planning and carrying out objectives with considerable independence within corporate-defined parameters. This position works as part of a team of peer project managers and is responsible for all aspects of event production, from securing labor, equipment, and logistics as well as overseeing flawless execution on show site.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Produces production schedules and estimates labor hour requirements for completion of job assignments as well as establishing/adjusting work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Ensures that all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
- Manages budget and project expense goals and profitability.
- Ensures that all work performed is done under company risk management and safe work standards.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Reviews the equipment load lists and accurately estimates, and requisitions, materials needed to produce assigned events based on work orders and exhibitor orders.
- Coordinates activities with all appropriate personnel to obtain optimum production and utilization of team.
- Performs administrative activities associated with the effective management of operations, including compiling, storing, and retrieving production data for reports.
- Supervises team of exempt, non-exempt, freelancer and occasionally union personnel. Responsible for ensuring appropriate staffing levels are met for each job.
- Coordinate logistic details with venue representatives.
- Attends and participates in pre-convention meetings and daily show site production meetings.
- Participate in After Action Reviews with customers and account management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Well-developed leadership skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Strong technical knowledge of event technology and the industry.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a desire to learn.
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills.
- The desire to work in a culture of continuous process improvement.
- A record of achieving revenue and service goals within budget.
- Ability to supervise employees and effectively present information.
- Ability to work productively with clients and general public.
- This position does require substantial travel and the ability to work nights and weekends as projects require.
- Flexible work environment.
- Free lunches, snacks, and beverages every day when working from our corporate office.
- Health insurance premium 90% paid by company for employees.
- Fully paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Optional dental and vision insurance.
- Two weeks of paid vacation each year.
- Nine paid holidays each year.
- One week PTO each year for personal appointments.
- 100% air-conditioned shop and warehouse.